Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome to my kitchen

      I've realized that I haven't told you much about our cuisine. The Bulgarian cuisine is very close to the ones of the rest of the countries on the Balkan Peninsula. But this is not a surprise for anyone. And still the fact that they are similar doesn't mean that they are identical. Let me tell you about the cuisine that I grow up with.

       If you don't mind I would like to start from the dessert :)

     One of my favorite dessert is banitsa. Some of you could be a bit surprised that I am listing it as dessert. There is a very big variety of recipes for preparing it and normally it's not sweet. However in my family we like it sweet. We are preparing it with cheese, eggs, yogurt and sugar.




     Since I was a little girl I love to have "mekitsi" for breakfast. It's basically a fried dough. I like them filled in with cheese and eggs and I am eating them with honey. Well, what can I say.. I guess I just love sweet things :)  




   And last but not least one of my favorite desserts is the Home-made biscuit cake. It's very easy to prepare and it's also very tasty. You need just biscuits and cream. I am far from saying that it's typical bulgarian dessert. You can find it almost everywhere. I just love it :)




To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...